Tue 24 Apr 2007
Since patching the Secure-Admin plugin a few months back, the download count and positive feedback has been fantastic.
I’ve recently adapted it to work with PHP 5.2 and, due to popular request, also expanded the featureset to cater for Shared SSL setups.
- Secures Wordpress Login and Admin Pages
- Supports All SSL Setups (Private and Shared)
- Encrypts cookie contents
- Compatible with all versions of PHP 4 and 5
- Easy to install (1 file uploaded)
Shared SSL setup does not reflect the user as logged in on the unsecured site.
Step 1b is only for Shared SSL setups, skip for Private SSL
- Download the Admin-SSL plugin (below) and unzip contents
1b. Edit admin-ssl.php to add wordpress location at shared SSL domain
- Upload admin-ssl.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Log into the WordPress admin panel and click on the Plugins button
- Locate the Admin-SSL listing and click Activate